Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ski-Doo MXZ 600


Today I have a 2006 Skidoo MXZ 600 H.O. in the shop.  This machine has some shorted out/ burned wires that need to be replaced.  Unfortunately I am going to have to pull the engine to get to them.  I have worked on this machine before and I have to say it is one of the most awkward and annoying vehicles to work on.  Everything is crammed into a very small space and it is hard get at anything.  It does run great and go very fast.  I guess that is the trade off, light weight and high performance versus easy to service.

I would also like to comment on snowmobile graphics.  Who designs the graphics on these things?  They take the most outrageous colors and styles from 10 years ago and splash them together.  Why do people like these things, and why do they buy very expensive jackets to match?

3 comments:

  1. At least nowadays BRP is doing more than decent graphics. The Lynx series has a really nice outside and a very reliable inside for all purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a 05 model. I took a heat gun to all the decals and pulled them off. nice and clean now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How hard was it to get them off? Did it leave any goo behind?

    C.O.

    ReplyDelete