This is an update on a project that has been in the works for a while. You can see the start of it here and here.
Basically I am taking two broken machines and making one good one out of the pair. Back in December I took all the old stuff apart and figured out what new parts I had to order. I needed a new piston, seals and gaskets, and a few other small items. My work shop is very small so I only have room for one project at a time. While I was waiting for the new parts to arrive (normally a couple weeks from one of the places in the lower 48), I put all the old stuff in tubs and put them in my storage shed.
These two tubs have all the parts needed to put together a complete engine.
It is a little off topic, but I would like to mention how great Rubber Maid brand tubs are. I use a lot of tubs for storage and transporting things. They make it easy to store a lot of small parts on shelves, they are relatively waterproof, and they work great for shipping awkward or heavy things through the mail. Over the years I have used other brands, but they all seem to end up cracking eventually. Rubber Maid makes the toughest of the inexpensive consumer type containers.
Here is everything all spread out. I hope I can remember how it all goes together.